Three Digital Marketing Influencers You Should Follow Today
Why Digital Marketing Influencers Matter
One of the best ways to learn about the digital marketing field is to follow key influencers. These individuals are industry leaders who have experienced successes and failures. They have learned from both, and offer valuable advice to newbies and seasoned professionals alike. Neil Patel, Jeff Bullas, and Gary Vaynerchuk also stay current with industry best practices. Consequently, they can see which trends are gaining traction, and which ones are about to go by the wayside. So, without further ado, we present a brief introduction to three digital marketing influencers.
Who is he?
- Co-founder of Crazy Egg, Hello Bar, KISSmetrics, and Quick Sprout
- Known for his success as an entrepreneur and online marketer
Why should you listen to him?
- He’s helped Fortune 500 companies, small businesses, and non-profits get more traffic to their sites.
- His knowledge of SEO, content marketing, social media, and more is impressive.
What does he advise those trying to increase their profits through digital marketing?
- Understand your target audience
- Relentlessly test your SEO and content marketing practices; keep adjusting your strategy to discover how to get the best results 1
Where are can you find more Neil Patel know-how?
- Website/Blog: https://neilpatel.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/neilkpatel/
- Quick Sprout blog: https://www.quicksprout.com/blog/
What’s he known for?
- Author of Blogging the Smart Way – How to Create and Market a Killer Blog with Social Media; CEO of his own consulting, new media, and web services company
- His success as a blogger, social media marketer, content marketer, and digital marketer
Why does he matter?
- His website has 5 million visitors per year, and he has more than half a million social media followers. This year, Forbes named him one of the Top 20 Influencers of CMOs.
- He knows how to help entrepreneurs succeed by enhancing their social media presence.
What does he see as some of 2017’s social media trends?
Where can you learn more from Jeff Bullas?
- Website/blog: http://www.jeffbullas.com/
- Twitter: @jeffbullas
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeffbullas/
Why does his name sound familiar?
- Author of best-selling books like Crush It!
- Creator of YouTube shows like Wine Library TV and The #AskGaryVee Show
What makes him an influencer?
- He is an eCommerce trailblazer, and understood early on how powerful online video is for driving conversions.3
- He has a huge presence on social media with 1.6 million followers on Twitter, 2.7 million on Instagram, more than a million on YouTube, and over 2.5 million on Facebook
What three things does Vaynerchuk say ambitious entrepreneurs should give up?
- A desire for immediate recognition
Where are can you pick up more great tips from Gary Vaynerchuk?
- Website/blog: https://www.garyvaynerchuk.com/
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCctXZhXmG-kf3tlIXgVZUlw
- Planet of the Apps reality TV show: https://planetoftheapps.com/en-us
So, there you have it. Three great influencers to follow as you pursue success in this field. We could feature many more digital marketing gurus in our blog. Let us know in the comments who inspires you, and who you’d like to see us focus on next.
1 Flores, Pablo. “Neil Patel Interview.” Metricool. 2017. Web. 08 Dec. 2017. http://metricool.com/neil-patel-interview/.
2 Nica, Ana Maria. “Interview with leading content marketing influencer Jeff Bullas.” Picfair. 15 May 2017. Web. 08 Dec. 2017. https://www.picfair.com/blog/post/interview-with-jeff-bullas?category_url=ask-the-experts.
3 Freeman, Mike. “How Gary Vaynerchuk Built His Empire.” Shopify. 15 Sept. 2011. Web. 08 Dec. 2017. https://www.shopify.ca/blog/4072192-how-gary-vaynerchuk-built-his-empire.